Happy Friday everyone! I’ve got a post up at Ed Cyzewski’s fabulous “Women in Ministry” series today. It’s a tongue-in-cheek look at my adventures in achievement-seeking, and the ways we tend to undervalue people who “help.” What do you think? As small churches wane and people consolidate into larger, staff-driven churches, are volunteers overlooked and underestimated? Have we become ministry snobs? How can we do better?
Let's Stay Connected!
- Six Ways to Empower Women for Ministry
- Jesus, the Canaanite Woman, and Caring for Marginalized People
- Long Hair and Head Coverings and Hierarchy, Oh My! 1 Cor. 11 in the Women in Ministry Sermon Series
- Who is Standing Up for Women? An Exercise in Looking for the Helpers.
- In Remembrance of Maya Angelou
Author, speaker, and mommy of four, living on coffee and lots of grace. Pastor at Darrow Road Wesleyan Church. Student at North Park Theological Seminary. Passionate about justice, mercy, and the "one anothers."
2015 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Medium Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Freelance Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Critical Review category
2012 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
2011 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
- 50 Shades of Broken: Why Do Women Fantasize About Abuse? June 18, 2012
- John Piper, Women in Combat, and How Gender Roles Fall Short of the Glory of Humankind February 6, 2013
- How Much Money Does it Take to Be A Good Christian Woman? June 11, 2012
- Faking It: Why You Should Stop Treating Your Husband Like a Toddler, and ACTUALLY Respect Him. January 23, 2013
- Asking for a Friday FAVOR! What Do You Think Belongs In a Book About Mutual Marriages? February 22, 2013
- Mayday! Mayday! For Everyone Mired in the Muck of Spring. May 1, 2015
- A New Direction, A New Look, and the ECC’s 40 Under 40 April 30, 2015
- Biblical Womanhood, or Cultural Womanhood? April 23, 2015
- Transitions and Coming Out of My Turtle Shell November 15, 2014
- Six Ways to Empower Women for Ministry July 22, 2014
- Out of This World Tour | eQuipping for eMinistry: […] along: Why We Can’t Let Half of Ch...
- John Rigler: I haven't read this book for a number of reasons,...
- Cindy Kunsman: Needless to say, your observations parallel and Ec...
- Cindy Kunsman: The late Bob McGreggor Wright (who wrote for the P...
- fuÃ�pilz bilder: Just desire to say your article is as astonishing....