Happy Friday everyone! I’ve got a post up at Ed Cyzewski’s fabulous “Women in Ministry” series today. It’s a tongue-in-cheek look at my adventures in achievement-seeking, and the ways we tend to undervalue people who “help.” What do you think? As small churches wane and people consolidate into larger, staff-driven churches, are volunteers overlooked and underestimated? Have we become ministry snobs? How can we do better?
Let's Stay Connected!
Author, speaker, and mommy of four, living on coffee and lots of grace. Pastor at Darrow Road Wesleyan Church. Student at North Park Theological Seminary. Passionate about justice, mercy, and the "one anothers."
Sign up to receive a free eBook!
2015 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Medium Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Freelance Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Critical Review category
2012 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
2011 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
- 50 Shades of Broken: Why Do Women Fantasize About Abuse? June 18, 2012
- John Piper, Women in Combat, and How Gender Roles Fall Short of the Glory of Humankind February 6, 2013
- How Much Money Does it Take to Be A Good Christian Woman? June 11, 2012
- Faking It: Why You Should Stop Treating Your Husband Like a Toddler, and ACTUALLY Respect Him. January 23, 2013
- Asking for a Friday FAVOR! What Do You Think Belongs In a Book About Mutual Marriages? February 22, 2013
- Baseball, Beatitudes, and Being a Disciple. July 23, 2016
- 8 Easy Ways to Promote your Friend’s Book July 20, 2016
- Look What I Got! July 19, 2016
- I’m a writer with dyslexia. And no, it’s not a joke. May 13, 2016
- Free eBook! Busting the Motherhood Myth: A Mother’s Day Message for Everyone April 27, 2016
- raswhiting: Enjoying the sermon and learning. Thank you. J...
- Byron Borger: Great, stuff. Thanks! But just a little note:...
- When the Judge Gets Cross-Examined – my secrets revealed | Tim's Blog – Just One Train Wreck After Another: […] blog fodder, and she emailed back and sa...
- Kennedy Omondi: Oh! this so great. In our community women are not ...
- Insignificant until finding the One Who Sees Me - Sharon R Hoover: […] Want to read or listen to the full story...