Happy Friday everyone! I’ve got a post up at Ed Cyzewski’s fabulous “Women in Ministry” series today. It’s a tongue-in-cheek look at my adventures in achievement-seeking, and the ways we tend to undervalue people who “help.” What do you think? As small churches wane and people consolidate into larger, staff-driven churches, are volunteers overlooked and underestimated? Have we become ministry snobs? How can we do better?
Let's Stay Connected!
Author, speaker, and mommy of four, living on coffee and lots of grace. Pastor at Darrow Road Wesleyan Church. Student at North Park Theological Seminary. Passionate about justice, mercy, and the "one anothers."
2015 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Medium Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Freelance Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Critical Review category
2012 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
2011 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
- 50 Shades of Broken: Why Do Women Fantasize About Abuse? June 18, 2012
- John Piper, Women in Combat, and How Gender Roles Fall Short of the Glory of Humankind February 6, 2013
- How Much Money Does it Take to Be A Good Christian Woman? June 11, 2012
- Faking It: Why You Should Stop Treating Your Husband Like a Toddler, and ACTUALLY Respect Him. January 23, 2013
- Asking for a Friday FAVOR! What Do You Think Belongs In a Book About Mutual Marriages? February 22, 2013
- Wilderness: The Place Between Breaking Free and Breaking Through (Audio Sermon) February 8, 2016
- Stop Saying Satan is Attacking Someone’s Ministry February 1, 2016
- Hagar, the Disenfranchised, and the God who Sees. A Sermon. January 30, 2016
- Trophies for Everyone! Why I’d Rather be a Participant than a Champ. October 12, 2015
- Exciting News from Tanzania! September 18, 2015
- Jenny Rae Armstrong: You know, I had honestly never considered it from ...
- Nicole T Walters: Oh Jenny, yes. I had people tell me similar things...
- Jenny Rae Armstrong: "When ‘Satan is attacking my ministry’ it voi...
- Jenny Rae Armstrong: Yes, very true. The question is not whether Satan ...
- Bev Murrill: I agree fully, and may I add that when 'Satan is ...