One of the things I love about my denomination, the Evangelical Covenant Church, is their strong support of women in ministry. Change can be slow, however, and women called to pastoral ministry often find themselves walking a long, difficult path, even in denominations that support them. That's why the ECC's Commission on Biblical Gender Equality […]
Archive | pornography RSS feed for this section
What Happened in Steubenville? “A culture of arrogance created a group mindset of debauchery and disrespect.”
It’s not often that I brag up anything I read on Yahoo, but this article by Dan Wetzel about what happened in Steubenville was excellent. Here are a couple highlights. “Rape, experts say, is a crime of power and control more than sex. Underlying all of that is arrogance, and in Steubenville it was taken […]
Creepy Old Men Are Stealing Pictures From Your Daughter’s Facebook Profile and Posting them on Reddit. Consider Yourself Warned.
Call me naive. But until last week, I had no idea just how creepy “reputable” sites like Reddit could be. Oh, I knew that pornographers used the internet to anonymously cater to all sorts of perverse fantasies. But I truly had no idea that creepy old men had been stealing pictures of scantily clad under-16 […]
Author, speaker, and mommy of four, living on coffee and lots of grace. Pastor at Darrow Road Wesleyan Church. Student at North Park Theological Seminary. Passionate about justice, mercy, and the "one anothers."
2015 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Medium Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Freelance Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Critical Review category
2012 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
2011 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
- 50 Shades of Broken: Why Do Women Fantasize About Abuse? June 18, 2012
- John Piper, Women in Combat, and How Gender Roles Fall Short of the Glory of Humankind February 6, 2013
- How Much Money Does it Take to Be A Good Christian Woman? June 11, 2012
- Faking It: Why You Should Stop Treating Your Husband Like a Toddler, and ACTUALLY Respect Him. January 23, 2013
- Asking for a Friday FAVOR! What Do You Think Belongs In a Book About Mutual Marriages? February 22, 2013
- Exciting News from Tanzania! September 18, 2015
- When God is Not Your Enemy September 11, 2015
- This little girl has her theology straight! September 7, 2015
- “Church, someone is coming after our family.” July 1, 2015
- I just signed a contract for a new book! June 27, 2015
- Lesley: Jenny! This is really exciting news. Thanks for sh...
- » Exciting News from Tanzania!: […] Exciting News from Tanzania! […]...
- Making Space for the Feminine Voice – Redbud Writers Guild: […] solutions apparent to third-world mother...
- Jenny Rae Armstrong: Thank you Mark!...
- Jenny Rae Armstrong: Thanks Diana!!!...