One of the things I love about my denomination, the Evangelical Covenant Church, is their strong support of women in ministry. Change can be slow, however, and women called to pastoral ministry often find themselves walking a long, difficult path, even in denominations that support them. That's why the ECC's Commission on Biblical Gender Equality […]
Archive | pornography RSS feed for this section
What Happened in Steubenville? “A culture of arrogance created a group mindset of debauchery and disrespect.”
It’s not often that I brag up anything I read on Yahoo, but this article by Dan Wetzel about what happened in Steubenville was excellent. Here are a couple highlights. “Rape, experts say, is a crime of power and control more than sex. Underlying all of that is arrogance, and in Steubenville it was taken […]
Creepy Old Men Are Stealing Pictures From Your Daughter’s Facebook Profile and Posting them on Reddit. Consider Yourself Warned.
Call me naive. But until last week, I had no idea just how creepy “reputable” sites like Reddit could be. Oh, I knew that pornographers used the internet to anonymously cater to all sorts of perverse fantasies. But I truly had no idea that creepy old men had been stealing pictures of scantily clad under-16 […]
Author, speaker, and mommy of four, living on coffee and lots of grace. Pastor at Darrow Road Wesleyan Church. Student at North Park Theological Seminary. Passionate about justice, mercy, and the "one anothers."
Sign up to receive a free eBook!
2015 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Medium Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Freelance Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Critical Review category
2012 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
2011 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
- 50 Shades of Broken: Why Do Women Fantasize About Abuse? June 18, 2012
- John Piper, Women in Combat, and How Gender Roles Fall Short of the Glory of Humankind February 6, 2013
- How Much Money Does it Take to Be A Good Christian Woman? June 11, 2012
- Faking It: Why You Should Stop Treating Your Husband Like a Toddler, and ACTUALLY Respect Him. January 23, 2013
- Asking for a Friday FAVOR! What Do You Think Belongs In a Book About Mutual Marriages? February 22, 2013
- “Motherhood is such a perfect spiritual path”: An Interview with Catherine McNiel August 20, 2016
- “There is Nothing Spiritually Neutral About Motherhood”: An Interview with Bronwyn Lea August 13, 2016
- My Book Baby Birth Story, Part 1 August 8, 2016
- Don’t Hide Your Light GIVEAWAY! July 27, 2016
- Baseball, Beatitudes, and Being a Disciple. July 23, 2016
- Sara Ronnevik: I ordered your book last night! Happy release day!...
- Lacey Louwagie: This is awesome! Congratulations, Jenny. :)...
- fiddlrts: Nice to hear I'm not the only one to cram a bunch...
- Dorothy Greco: So happy for you Jenny! Celebrate well....
- Rhonda Franz: Hi, Jenny. I'm a fellow Redbud writer (new this y...