Micah 2:1-5 How terrible it will be for people who plan wickedness, who lie on their beds and make evil plans. When the morning light comes, they do what they planned, because they have the power to do so. They want fields, so they take them; they want houses, so they take them away. They […]
On your toes, ladies. I don’t know if I’ve been hiding under a rock or what, but I was unaware of this. Check out the website below for more details. http://www.nwlc.org/fairpay/pendinglegislation.html Read more at http://jennyraearmstrong.blogspot.com.
Random thought #1: Why do so few Christians fast? (At least so few of the people I’ve known.) It seems to me that in our current consumer culture, where there is such a tendency towards gluttony and addictions of all sorts, fasting is an especially important discipline. We are compulsive eaters, compulsive spenders, controlled by […]
That’s all. Thanks for listening. Read more at http://jennyraearmstrong.blogspot.com.
So, I did it. I cleared out my writing room, completely overhauled it. I meant to write about it earlier, how freeing the experience was, but I’ve been busy, too busy to do much blogging, and by the time I was slightly less busy, the Implications had hit me, knocked me into a mental and […]
I am not a big fan of making New Year’s Resolutions, but this year I’ve come up with a doozy. I have a little 8×8 writing room off my bedroom that is SUPPOSED to be a place to get work done, but in reality functions as a glorified storage closet. A short list of things […]
One of the greatest moments of this last year for me was discovering that “The Message” paraphrase of the New Testament could be downloaded from iTunes as an audio book for seven bucks. Seven bucks! For the entire New Testament! That’s like twenty hours of audio, for seven measly dollars. Now, I’ve been somewhat ambivalent […]
I survived the Sunday School Christmas Program. There were cookies afterwards. Life is good. 😀 Read more at http://jennyraearmstrong.blogspot.com.
You could swear in seven languages, but don’t. You know what to do if you’re being swallowed by an anaconda. You don’t get why your friends don’t believe your bracelet is made out of elephant hair. You measure your life in countries, not years. You shudder when you see juju bags in Pier One, and […]
I think my brain popped a fuse last week, or at least went into hard-core energy conservation mode. Blogging may be pretty sketchy until the holidays are over, but if I find I can form a coherent sentence, I will. So, in lieu of a scintillating mini-article, (hah!) I’ll post something Chistmas-ey from my neck […]
If you’re within driving distance of Poplar, Wisconsin, (or even if you aren’t!) consider this your personal invitation to attend DeepWater Music’s Winter JAM at 5:30 this Sunday, December 14th, hosted by the gracious folks at Mission Covenant Church. (Take highway 2 east out of Superior, drive about twenty miles, and turn right on highway […]
Author, speaker, and mommy of four, living on coffee and lots of grace. Pastor at Darrow Road Wesleyan Church. Student at North Park Theological Seminary. Passionate about justice, mercy, and the "one anothers."
Get a Free eBook!
2015 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Medium Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Freelance Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Critical Review category
2012 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
2011 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
- 50 Shades of Broken: Why Do Women Fantasize About Abuse? June 18, 2012
- John Piper, Women in Combat, and How Gender Roles Fall Short of the Glory of Humankind February 6, 2013
- How Much Money Does it Take to Be A Good Christian Woman? June 11, 2012
- Faking It: Why You Should Stop Treating Your Husband Like a Toddler, and ACTUALLY Respect Him. January 23, 2013
- Asking for a Friday FAVOR! What Do You Think Belongs In a Book About Mutual Marriages? February 22, 2013
- When you’re having a sleepless night of the soul October 3, 2017
- Who do you hate? And is it right for you to be angry? September 28, 2017
- I’m off to Tanzania! September 13, 2017
- Wives, Submission, and Slavery, Oh My! A Sermon on the Household Codes June 22, 2017
- When you’re not good enough, and it’s okay. May 27, 2017
- Van: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Sounds li...
- Christine: Id say you decrease your risk quite a bit by not c...
- MB: It isn't ONLY the mother's job...in a perfect wo...
- miconjxshoan: Deep Cleansing Shampoo is a standout amongst the m...
- Stephanie: I just found this post Jenny (from your link on th...