Archive | downsize my life RSS feed for this section
I’ve never been a big fan of New Year’s resolutions. So I was thrilled to learn about the One Word movement last year. The idea? “Choose one word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live. One word that you can focus on every day, all year long.” My […]
If you’ve read this blog for long, you know how much I loved “Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream” by David Platt. Well, my friend Natasha loved it too, and blogged through the entire book. Now, she and her friend Sophie have decided to take on the Radical Challenge, and they’ve invited […]
It’s been just over two years since a magnitude 7 earthquake hit Haiti, killing more than a quarter of a million people and leaving thousands of children orphaned, overwhelming a nation already in crisis. Kristen Howerton, who has adopted from Haiti and was in the country when the earthquake struck, wrote a great, heartbreaking post on “Rage […]
I know I wasn’t going to blog this week, but my blogging button got pushed, hard. First, I saw a video of an absolutely adorable little girl who is “donating” her birthday to raise money for the famine in the Horn of Africa. Right after that, I saw a post on Facebook discussing the best […]
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.” First, a disclaimer: I haven’t really been following the whole Occupy Wall Street thing, any more than I followed the Tea Parties in 2010. SO not into it a bunch of people screaming about how everyone who disagrees with them is a […]
For the last year or so, I’ve been convicted about the need to downsize my life. I have too much stuff. Plain and simple. (And if you suspect I’m overstating the problem, check out my New Year’s resolution from 2008. Yeah. It’s that bad. Although I did manage to rid my house of Chicken Dance […]
I hate it when inspiration fizzles. Yesterday, I had a brilliant (if I do say so myself) blog post about the cost of discipleship burning burning a hole in my psyche, but couldn’t find the time to type it out. Today, I tried to write it up, but it just. Wasn’t. Happening. I HATE it […]
Author, speaker, and mommy of four, living on coffee and lots of grace. Pastor at Darrow Road Wesleyan Church. Student at North Park Theological Seminary. Passionate about justice, mercy, and the "one anothers."
2015 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Medium Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Freelance Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Critical Review category
2012 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
2011 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
- 50 Shades of Broken: Why Do Women Fantasize About Abuse? June 18, 2012
- John Piper, Women in Combat, and How Gender Roles Fall Short of the Glory of Humankind February 6, 2013
- How Much Money Does it Take to Be A Good Christian Woman? June 11, 2012
- Faking It: Why You Should Stop Treating Your Husband Like a Toddler, and ACTUALLY Respect Him. January 23, 2013
- Asking for a Friday FAVOR! What Do You Think Belongs In a Book About Mutual Marriages? February 22, 2013
- Buy a Book, Raise a Roof, and Build up Women and Girls October 11, 2016
- Discussing DHYL on Faith Conversations with Anita Lustrea October 10, 2016
- Beauty and Brokenness September 10, 2016
- Budgeting for People Who Hate Budgeting: Bright Idea #42 September 8, 2016
- “Look for small ways to join in kingdom work”: An Interview with Heidi Wheeler September 3, 2016
- Detektyw Wrocław: Beautiful post, I loved this. My husband has this ...
- 6 Books For Your Bedside: Fall 2016 - Dorothy Greco: […] Jenny Rae Armstrong, Don’t Hide Your L...
- My Interview For "Don't Hide Your Light Under a Laundry Basket" & A Book Give-away - The Blessed Nest: […] Continue reading here. […]...
- Suzanne Burden: Thank you, dear sister! Those are healing words....
- Jenny Rae Armstrong: Oh Suzanne. I am so sorry you have been put throug...