I don’t remember where I first heard it. Whether it was a cancer diagnosis, or a child’s rebellion, or a horrible accident, or a family falling apart. But hear it I did. If something was going wrong in a ministry family, it was because Satan was attacking their ministry. Um, no. Stop. Just stop. It’s […]
Archive | missions RSS feed for this section
How did Jesus view women, and just how radical was his treatment of them in his society? What did it mean that Mary “sat at Jesus’ feet,” and what’s with those women who traveled with Jesus and the Twelve? Who was Junia, what did Phoebe have to do with the Book of Romans, and was Priscilla […]
Today, I’m thrilled to feature a post by Sara Ronnevik on her journey with female pastors, as a mission-minded woman who is part of a denomination that does not ordain women. This is a great story, and she wrote it to encourage women who are considering going into ministry. Would you like to share your […]
This post was originally published in March 2009. I'm not a big fan of taking Bible verses (or chapters or books for that matter) out of context, but every once in a while I come across a snippet of scripture that just steals my breath away. Today's was from Hebrews 13:13, in the New Century […]
Hey friends! I'm hoping to do some vlogging while I'm in Kenya to introduce you to some of the folks I meet while I'm there, and figured I'd better test out my technology. My discovery so far? My iPad doesn't like fluorescent lighting, so it's probably best NOT to record while it's pitch black outside. […]
Here is a truism: the most necessary ministries, the most innovative, grassroots ones, are often the least funded. It is also an unfortunate truth that Western Christians, who hold the purse strings of much of the world’s wealth, are more likely to support Western missionaries than local Christian workers in places like Africa, Asia, and […]
I’m thrilled to be featuring a guest post from Jessica Fick, who I met last week on Twitter and promptly fell in love with. (The fact that she happened to be in Wisconsin right then for an evangelistic crusade at UW-River Falls didn’t hurt, either–the photos in this post are from that.) Enjoy! I pulled […]
I’m a big fan of missions. I spent a good chunk of my childhood in Liberia, West Africa, as a missionary kid. I went on several short-term missions trips as a teen, and see no need to apologize for the “wasted resources” such life-changing experiences are sometimes accused of squandering. I still see refrigerator magnets […]
Author, speaker, and mommy of four, living on coffee and lots of grace. Pastor at Darrow Road Wesleyan Church. Student at North Park Theological Seminary. Passionate about justice, mercy, and the "one anothers."
Get a Free eBook!
2015 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Medium Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Freelance Article category
2012 Evangelical Press Association “Higher Goals Award,” Critical Review category
2012 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
2011 Associated Church Press “Best of the Christian Press,” Feature Article category
- 50 Shades of Broken: Why Do Women Fantasize About Abuse? June 18, 2012
- John Piper, Women in Combat, and How Gender Roles Fall Short of the Glory of Humankind February 6, 2013
- How Much Money Does it Take to Be A Good Christian Woman? June 11, 2012
- Faking It: Why You Should Stop Treating Your Husband Like a Toddler, and ACTUALLY Respect Him. January 23, 2013
- Asking for a Friday FAVOR! What Do You Think Belongs In a Book About Mutual Marriages? February 22, 2013
- When you’re having a sleepless night of the soul October 3, 2017
- Who do you hate? And is it right for you to be angry? September 28, 2017
- I’m off to Tanzania! September 13, 2017
- Wives, Submission, and Slavery, Oh My! A Sermon on the Household Codes June 22, 2017
- When you’re not good enough, and it’s okay. May 27, 2017
- Jessica: Where is the father? Why is it only the mother's ...
- Bev Murrill: Jenny Rae, I didn't read this when you first wrot...
- Truth: better yet.. I made a mistake its just saying Moth...
- Truth: the maths are fine. What is being said is out of ...
- MB: @Deb...I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you. ...